The Ethereum ecosystem is a vast, interconnected network focused on decentralization, technology, people, and organizations. It is built around the Ethereum blockchain, which enables smart contracts and decentralized applications (dApps). As of 2023, there are over 2.7 million unique Ethereum addresses and more than 15,000 dApps.
Ethereum 2.0 improves scalability and will achieve tens of thousands of transactions per second. The upgrades involve implementing sharding and transitioning from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake, making Ethereum very energy-efficient. Ethereum is anticipated to play a vital role in decentralized finance, NFTs, and other industries.
This decentralized blockchain platform has been gaining popularity since its launch in 2015. A programmable blockchain. The key components of Ethereum are the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), which allows for the execution of smart contracts, and Ether (ETH), the native cryptocurrency used to pay transaction fees and reward individual stakers and staker pools such as RocketPool or Lido.
I’ve listed the most popular dApps built on Ethereum below. Check them out!
Decentralized Exchanges & NFT Marketplaces (dApps)
TOP 10 DEXS
TOP 10 NFT MARKETPLACES
- Uniswap: Leading decentralized exchange that uses an automated market-making (AMM) model, allowing users to swap ERC-20 tokens without intermediaries. It also offers liquidity provision and farming opportunities to users.
- SushiSwap: Launched in 2020, SushiSwap is an AMM-based decentralized exchange that offers trading, liquidity provision, and staking opportunities. It is a community-driven platform that has a native token, SUSHI, which holders can stake to earn rewards.
- Balancer: Decentralized exchange and automated portfolio manager that enables users to create custom liquidity pools with multiple tokens. It offers flexible pool configurations, allowing users to adjust the weight of each token and the swap fees.
- Curve Finance: Decentralized exchange optimized for stablecoin trading. It uses low-slippage, low-fee trading algorithms to ensure users get the best exchange rates when swapping stablecoins.
- 1inch: Decentralized exchange aggregator that splits orders across multiple DEXs to find the best prices and minimize slippage. It supports both Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain.
- Kyber Network: Liquidity protocol that enables decentralized token swaps by aggregating liquidity from various sources. It supports a wide range of ERC-20 tokens and offers a seamless user experience.
- Bancor: Decentralized exchange that enables users to convert tokens directly from their wallets without the need for order books. It uses smart contracts to automate price calculations and execute trades.
- dYdX: Decentralized platform that offers margin trading, spot trading, and lending services. It enables users to trade with leverage and earn interest on their assets by lending them to other users.
- Loopring: Decentralized exchange protocol that uses zero-knowledge proofs to enable high-speed, low-cost trading. It aims to provide a secure and scalable solution for decentralized trading.
- Paraswap: Decentralized exchange aggregator that provides users with the best prices across multiple DEXs. It also offers a gas token that users can stake to reduce their transaction costs.
- OpenSea: Largest NFT marketplace, where users can buy, sell, and trade various types of NFTs, including digital art, collectibles, virtual real estate, and more.
- Rarible: User-owned NFT marketplace that allows creators to mint, buy, and sell unique digital assets. It has a native token, RARI, which users can earn by participating in the platform.
- SuperRare: Premium NFT marketplace that focuses on high-quality, one-of-a-kind digital art pieces. It has a curated selection of artworks and a strong emphasis on supporting artists.
- Foundation: NFT marketplace that connects digital artists and collectors. It features a curated selection of digital art and allows artists to mint and sell their work through auctions.
- Zora: Decentralized marketplace for minting, buying, and selling NFTs, with a focus on digital art, music, and collectibles. It enables creators to issue tokens representing their work, which can be traded on the platform.
- Nifty Gateway: Curated NFT marketplace that partners with well-known artists and brands to release limited-edition digital art and collectibles. They offer “drops” where users can purchase exclusive NFTs during a limited time window.
- Async Art: Innovative NFT platform that focuses on programmable art, which allows artists to create digital artworks with multiple layers and adjustable parameters. Collectors can purchase individual layers and influence the overall appearance of the artwork.
- KnownOrigin: Digital art marketplace that offers unique and rare digital art pieces created by talented artists. The platform uses a tiered system to categorize and price the artworks, based on their rarity and the artist’s reputation.
- Mintable: NFT marketplace that allows users to mint, buy, and sell NFTs for digital art, collectibles, and other unique assets. It offers a user-friendly interface and supports various file formats for NFT creation.
- Hic et Nunc: NFT platform built on the Tezos blockchain, which offers a more environmentally friendly alternative to Ethereum-based platforms. It enables users to mint, buy, and sell NFTs for digital art, music, and collectibles.
More Awesome Decentralized Applications
EVM Chains: Bridge assets across multiple Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible chains.
Trash Chains: Bridge for less popular or newer chains.
DeFi Llama Swap: Decentralized exchange (DEX) aggregator that finds the best trade prices.
DeFi Llama Borrow: Provides information on lending and borrowing opportunities in the DeFi space.
Nanoly: Provides yield farming opportunities.
DeFi Llama Yields: Aggregates yield farming opportunities across various DeFi platforms.
Unlocks: Allows users to unlock their tokens that are locked in smart contracts.
Dex Screener: Provides charting tools for analyzing token prices on decentralized exchanges.
Adding new chains/rpc
Chainlist: Helps users add new blockchain networks to their wallets.
Premia Finance: Allows users to trade decentralized options contracts.
Lyra Finance: Provides a marketplace for trading options on Ethereum.
APY Vision: Helps liquidity providers track their investments and potential impermanent loss.
Token Terminal: Provides data on earnings from liquidity providing and other DeFi activities.